ABS MagazineJanuary, 2015
In this Month's issue...
American Bonanza Society
Air Safety Foundation
& Endowment Fund
"KEEPING YOU FLYING-SAFELY"
Thanks to tax-deductible donations from ABS members, the nonprofit ABS Air Safety Foundation has been a continuing source of aviation safety education for Bonanza and Baron-type aircraft. Created in 1979 as a way for members to support worthy causes on their behalf, the ABS-ASF has produced many valuable, member-focused programs and materials.
Perhaps the best known are the Bonanza-Baron Service Clinics which feature visual aircraft inspections by expert mechanics, and the Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program (BPPP) - the best type-specific training program in existence. Other ABS-ASF sponsored or originated programs include:
• Colvin’s Clinic book by Bonanza maintenance expert Norm Colvin
• E-Series Engines book by E-series expert Lew Gage
• Modification of V-tail speed-restriction AD
• Oshkosh Tent Topics
• ABS Convention seminars
• Ruddervator rigging tool rental program
• Pre-purchase inspection checklist
• V-Tail fact sheets
• ABS AVIATOR program
• Landing-gear Inspection Checklist & Manual
Underway or on the drawing board:
• Spar web investigation
• Model-specific mechanic training, starting with:
• ABS annual inspection checklist
• Landing-gear maintenance & overhaul manual
• ABS/BPPP guide to the initial pilot checkout
We invite you to lend your support to the many activities aimed at Keeping You Flying–Safely. If you pay annual dues, include a donation with your online renewal. And for an immediate way to be an ABS-ASF contributor, just click on one of the links below. And remember - it's all tax deductible!