Author Topic: Electric Prop Governor  (Read 1007 times)

Gordon Strom

• ABS Member
Electric Prop Governor
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
I have a C-35 D-3099.  It has the E engine and Electric prop with an Airborne 350- A governor.  The Airborne governor was disconnected when I purchased the plane.  After finally getting the installation and service notes we found that the potentiometer was bad.  That was the easy part.  When it was disconnected apparently the wire from pin H to the magneto was cut.  The lug and "isolating resistor" are not there.  That is the problem.  The Airborne documentation doesn't list a part number or specs for the "isolating resistor." I left messages at Airborne (707) 542-6053 but no result.  Everything checks out fine but the resistance on that wire.  Any solutions to my problem or suggestions for an answer.  Bert Strom N1837D

William Clothier

• ABS Member
Re: Electric Prop Governor
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »
The isolating resister on my F35 with the 35A Airborne governor is 10,000 ohms.

Lewis Gage

• ABS Member
Re: Electric Prop Governor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
As I recall there is a 1/2 amp fuse in the line from the governor unit to the magneto to eliminate the possibility of the governor grounding the magneto if there is a fault to ground in the governor. According to Rit Kiter, designer of the unit but he is now "gone west," the mag will blow a 1/2 amp fuse and leave the magneto working although the governor will not work.

Regards,  Lew Gage