Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions about BPPP Online+Flight  (Read 3417 times)

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
Frequently Asked Questions about BPPP Online+Flight
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:04:54 AM »
This forum highlights questions ABS has received from members after the launch of BPPP Online+Flight.  I'll continue to update these FAQs as needed.  Feel free to use this forum to ask your questions as well. 
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director
ABS Air Safety Foundation

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
Q: Does the insurance industry recognize BPPP Online+Flight?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »
Q:  Does the insurance industry recognize BPPP Online+Flight for policy requirements and discounts in the same way it does live BPPP clinics?

A: Completion of BPPP Online+Flight results in exactly the same completion certificate you'd get at a live BPPP clinic.  The flight training experience is identical to a clinic flight, and conducted by a BPPP-standardized instructor.  The insurance industry knows about BPPP Online+Flight and all tell us they recognize the completion certificate in exactly the same way as the live course.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
Q:  Do you have to fly with an instructor near your home, or can you arrange to fly anywhere?  I live in Massachusetts but my airplane is in Tucson, Arizona.  Can I arrange to fly with an Arizona-based instructor?

A:  Yes.  You may arrange to fly anywhere you want--the idea is to make it convenient for you.  You can even schedule your training around a vacation if you wish.  Bring the family along, and slip away for five hours to complete your BPPP flight training.

Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
How long do I have access to the Online training courses?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »
Q:  How long do I have access to the Online training courses?  

A:   Your $495 enrollment permits you 365 days of unlimited viewing and review of the Online modules.  However, to encourage the best learning experience, you must complete online and flight training within 120 days of enrolling. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:29:32 AM by Tom Turner »
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
Can I download the program and store it on my computer?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »
Q:  Can I download the program and store it on my computer?

A:   The course modules are not downloadable from the host website.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
May I view BPPP Online with my iPad?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
Q: Any chance it will be made available for those of us who use IPads? I registered today, but can't use adobe/flash with the IPad.

A: The popular BPPP Online+Flight program is now available on iPad:

1. Enroll in BPPP Online using a Mac or PC.  The Amazon payment system does not work in iTunes.  For detailed instructions on enrolling, see http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/enrolling%20in%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf

2. Download the free BPPP Online app from Apple's iTunes store, at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bppp-online+flight/id520826734?ls=1&mt=8.

3. Use your User Email and the Password you establish when you enroll to log onto BPPP through the iPad app.

The only functional difference between iPad and other access is that the iPad uses the Apple-standard "finger-swipe" method of moving forward and backward through pages, instead of the forward and aft arrows in other online versions.

Enjoy BPPP Online+Flight on your iPad, your Mac or PC.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:24:41 PM by Tom Turner »
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
I can't get the BPPP Online+Flight website to recognize my ABS password
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
Q:  I can't seem to log into my account and the "need password" doesn't recognize any of the emails I enter.
My ABS account number is XXXXX. Any suggestions?

A:  Since BPPP Online is hosted by a third-party provider, Opango, Inc. (www.opango.com), it does not communicate with the ABS membership database.  You’ll establish a password as part of the log-in  and payment process.  There’s a How to Enroll tutorial on the ABS website that explains the process step-by-step.  See http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/enrolling%20in%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf.  

If after reading this tutorial you have any questions just let me know.

A second tutorial describes How to Use the BPPP Online+Flight Website once you have logged in.  It's worth a read before you begin the course:  http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/using%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:19:20 PM by Tom Turner »
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
I've completed a course but it won't let me take the quiz. What's wrong?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
Q:  I've completed a course but it won't let me take the quiz.  What's wrong?

A:  You must listen to the audio of every slide in a program completely before you are permitted to take the quiz.  When you complete a slide a white check mark appears in the upper right, under the forward-rewind arrows.

If you are not given access to the quiz at the end of a program, scroll your cursor over the Contents box at the upper left.  This opens a pull-down menu.  There is a black check mark next to each topic area that you've completed.  If any does not have a check mark, scroll over it and you'll get an expanded menu with the individual slides in that topic area.  

If all are checked, scroll over each one in turn.  A side menu appears listing the individual slides for each.  Any you’ve not completed will not have a black check mark. 

Click on any without a check mark and listen to those slides completely.  Afterward, use the Contents box to go to the Final Test.

A tutorial describes How to Use the BPPP Online+Flight Website.  It's worth a read before you begin the course:  http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/using%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:22:16 AM by Tom Turner »
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
I'm using an existing Amazon account and can't enroll.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
Q:  I'm enrolling with an existing Amazon account and it doesn't permit payment.

A:  The issue we've heard is when the ABS member forgets his/her Amazon password, uses Amazon's "forgot my password" link but then is not returned to the BPPP Online website.  In that case:

1)   Press Subscribe and navigate to Amazon
2)   Press “Forgot Password” and wait for email from Amazon
3)   Follow the link and answer the questions. It will take you to your account but not to where you can complete the BPPP Online subscription
4)   Then either hit the back button to go back to BPPP.Online or navigate there directly (www.myopango.com/bppp.online)
5)   Press the “Subscribe” button again and return to Amazon
6)   Login and buy.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
After I enroll, how do I return to the BPPP Online website?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
Q:  After I have enrolled in BPPP Online, how do I get to the location where you keep the course?

A:  It uses the same link, which is www.myopango.com/bppp.online.  Log in on that page using your email address and the password you established when you enrolled. 
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
Q:  What is the cancellation and refund policy for BPPP Online+Flight?

A:  You have access to BPPP Online+Flight for one year from your date of enrollment.  To obtain the maximum benefit from your training, we suggest you complete the Online and Flight training within 120 days.   You may review the online program as often as you wish during your one-year enrollment.   A refund (minus $50 to cover our fees) is available for the first 30 days only.  If you have extenuating circumstances that do not permit you to complete the flight (for example, loss of medical), let us know and we’ll consider partial refunds on a case-by-case basis.   
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:42:29 AM by Tom Turner »
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
do I have to take the Bonanza/Debonair AND Baron/Travel Air courses?
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
Q:  I fly an A36, don't have an MEL, and know nothing about twins.  Will it be necessary for me to do the 2 Baron/Travelair courses to complete my course?

A: No.  You need only do the Engine Failure and Fuel System programs that apply to your Beechcraft.  In total you will complete 11 of the 13 programs to complete the entire course.  You may, of course, view the "other" Engine Failures and Fuel Systems segments if you wish as well.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• ABS Member
Can I take Online training without the flight instruction?
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »
Q:  May I take the Online course without the flight instruction?

A:  We do not offer the online program without the flight component.  The primary objective is to get as many ABS members as possible in the airplane with a BPPP-standardized flight instructor.  We created the Online+Flight program to address the issues of convenience and cost that prevent many members from attending BPPP, to get that same flight experience to far more pilots.  To achieve this goal, the Online ground school program is bundled with BPPP flight instruction.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director