Author Topic: Rear Cargo Doors  (Read 574 times)

William Faulkner

• ABS Member
Rear Cargo Doors
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »
I would like to remove the rear cargo door(s) on my BE-36 for photo work. The FAA directive 8130.2G says that authorized person has to remove the door. This will preclude doing this in the feild. Has anyone had experience with door removal? Would appreciate any input.

Thomas Pelz

• ABS Member
  • K35 with gobs of "improvements"
    • Email
Re: Rear Cargo Doors
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
Bill,

I would think that your A&P could "train" you to become an authorized person.  He would then enter something into your log book and the airframe log book which would state that you are "approved" to perform that task. 

NOTE:  I am NOT an A&P or an IA.  Nor am I an FAA inspector.  Discuss this with your IA / A&P.  See what he/she says.

However, every time the doors are removed and reinstalled, you would have to place an entry into the airframe log book, signing the entry and including your pilot's license number.

William Day

• ABS Member
Re: Rear Cargo Doors
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
During another time in life I was a professional photographer and I was thinking about this very topic last night.  Its hard for me to get my mind around the concept of having those doors off during flight.  It would seem the wind would potentially tear up the interior (which I just spent 12 AMUs having re done).   Have any first hand experience with this?

Thanks