Author Topic: BPPP Online+Flight Program now Available!  (Read 1553 times)

Tom Turner

• Administrator
BPPP Online+Flight Program now Available!
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:56:47 PM »
The ABS Air Safety Foundation, in cooperation with its subsidiary Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program, announces an exciting new way for you to fly with the Beechcraft experts on your schedule, at a much lower price: BPPP Online+Flight.

ABS and BPPP's goal is simple: to reduce accidents, to save lives and to preserve the ABS aircraft fleet, by significantly increasing the number of ABS members who receive The Best in Beechcraft Flight Training.

Read more about BPPP Online+Flight and enroll for your BPPP training here: http://bonanza.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=815&Itemid=138.

Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director
ABS Air Safety Foundation

Donald Lawrenz

• ABS Member
Re: BPPP Online+Flight Program now Available!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »
Hi Tom

Is this program 'certified' by insurance carriers for recurrency training credit?

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
Hi, Don:

Completion of BPPP Online+Flight results in exactly the same completion certificate you'd get at a live BPPP clinic.  The flight training experience is identical to a clinc flight, and conducted by a BPPP-standardized instructor.  The insurance industry knows about BPPP Online+Flight and all we've heard from so far recognize the completion certificate in exactly the same way as the live course.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
I've had a couple of other questions come up this first morning since BPPP Online+Flight went live:

Q:  Do you have to fly with an instructor near your home, or can you arrange to fly anywhere?  I live in Massachusetts but my airplane is in Tucson, Arizona.  Can I arrange to fly with an Arizona-based instructor?

A:  Yes.  You may arrange to fly anywhere you want--the idea is to make it convenient for you.  You can even schedule your training around a vacation if you wish.  Bring the family along, and slip away for five hours to complete your BPPP flight training.

Q:  How long do I have access to the Online training courses?  Can I download the program and store it on my computer?

A:   Your $495 enrollment permits you 365 days of unlimited viewing and review of the Online modules.  They are not downloadable from the host website.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Another member question:

Q: Any chance it will be made available for those of us who use IPads? I registered today, but can't use adobe/flash with the IPad.

A: Our host was hoping to have that capability complete in time for our launch but it hasn't happened yet.  I double-checked this morning and they're still working on it, but there are several obstacles to overcome.  It is a priority for ABS.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
Another frequently asked question:

Q:  I can't seem to log into my account and the "need password" doesn't recognize any of the emails I enter.
My ABS account number is XXXXX. Any suggestions?

A:  Since BPPP Online is hosted by a third-party website, it does not communicate with the ABS membership database.  You’ll establish a password as part of the log-in  and payment process.  There’s a How to Enroll tutorial on the ABS website that explains the process step-by-step.  See http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/enrolling%20in%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf

If after reading this tutorial you have any questions just let me know.

A second tutorial describes How to Use the BPPP Online+Flight Website once you have logged in.  It's worth a read before you begin the course:  http://bonanza.org/images/pdf/using%20bppp%20online%20plus%20flight.pdf

Thanks for participating in your ABS member services.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Dana Perez

• ABS Member
    • Aviate ESP
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
There is an app that will run the flash on the iPad. It is called ROVER... it is not a great app... and it is a bit slow, but it does work.  You will find that it seems a little "childish" because it was designed by a teacher for students.  But what it is, is a BROWSER that will run Flash.  Try it.. it is free.  http://www.theroverapp.com/

But we do still want iPad friendly BPPP Online, please!

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »
The iPad app for BPPP Online is extremely close to release, Dana.  We'll make an announcement when it's ready.
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
iPad capability for BPPP Online+Flight has been tested and is ready to go as soon as Apple approves the app. 
Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director