Author Topic: Hangar around Billings KBIL  (Read 1170 times)

Brian Conley

• ABS Member
Hangar around Billings KBIL
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
Guys and Gals

We are considering a move to Billings...my wife will have to stay in Denver until she she can work out a transfer with Wells Fargo. The plane will be real handy for trips home on the weekend...but I won't park it outside...I'll sell it first. I have not checked at the big airport yet but assume hangars are hard to get...any ideas from the Big Sky folks on smaller airports within driving distance of BIL?

Scott Newpower

• ABS Member
Re: Hangar around Billings KBIL
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
I keep my plane at BIL, I own a T hangar.  You will be able to find a hangar there to rent.  Lost of space to build if you want to do that.  Call Aerotronics, they are on the field, they own a couple 60x60s and one T hangar that they rent out. Last I heard rent was $250-300 a month. Any other question email me at scnewps at bresnan dot net

Brian Conley

• ABS Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »
Scott,

Thanks I will call them. Curious to know if MT has any special taxes or fees on aircraft too. Colorado has sales tax on first purchase but no other type of ownership taxes; does MT. Thanks!!

Scott Newpower

• ABS Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
No sales tax on anything in Montana, you pay what's on the price tag.  Pilots register each year, $10 each.  For aircraft you pay a fee each year as well.  The amount depends on the age. Any aircraft 40 years and older is $20 a year. From 31-40 years is $50. All the money stay at Montana Aeronautics and goes to fund the various things they do. I am a board member for the Montana Pilots Assoc so look forward to seeing you here.  Lots of Montana Bonanza's in the backcountry.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/aviation/aircraft-registration.shtml

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/aviation/docs/2012/aircraft-regfees-2012.pdf

Brian Conley

• ABS Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:36 PM »
Wow thanks Scott...that is certainly doable!

Jerry Gereghty

• ABS Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
I have a 60x60 hanger at 6s1 Bridger, MT that could fit you in. Rate is reasonable. Call me at 406 425-1411

Jerry

Karl Kratt

• ABS Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »
I've been talking to Edward's Jet Center. They are building a new hangar complex in October.

Scott Newpower

• ABS Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
Where will that be located and when is the self serve fuel tank being installed?

Karl Kratt

• ABS Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
I asked them where the new hangar is going to be, but they haven't gotten back to me on that. I think it's on the East side of the airport, but I could be wrong. I did get a quote on hangaring the A36 that I'm buying, it's around $350 a month, but it's a heated and secure hangar.