Author Topic: JPI FS-450 questions/advice  (Read 660 times)

Kevin Murphy

• ABS Member
JPI FS-450 questions/advice
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
So I went to Sun-n-Fun this year and got some GREAT deals on stuff.  Among the deals was a JPI FS-450 for my P35 (IO-470N).  My mechaninc ended up putting the transducer under the engine betwee the servo and the spider.  When asked why he put it under the engine instead of on top where I've seen the others mounted, he said it didn't matter and that was the only place he could get a straight run of hose long enough to mount the transducer.  Other guys on the field have suggested rerouting the hose between cyclinders 1 & 3 and securing the transducer to the fuel injection line bracket?  Presently my fuel hose runs between cylinders  3 & 5 and staright into the spider. 

Have any of you guys installed one?  Any suggestions or thoughts? Is it ok where it's at? Where did you mount it? Did you have to reroute the fuel line and if so, where did you reroute it to?  Where did you buy the new hoses? 

Thanks.

Kevin
kmurph68@yahoo.com

Scott Newpower

• ABS Member
Re: JPI FS-450 questions/advice
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
I have the Electronics Int'l unit and it is mounted where yours is.  The transducer is not mounted to anything.  Been there 5 years and haven't had a problem.

Kevin Murphy

• ABS Member
Re: JPI FS-450 questions/advice
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
Thanks Scott..that makes me feel a little better.