Author Topic: operation costs p baron  (Read 1234 times)

John Schofield

• ABS Member
operation costs p baron
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:16:51 AM »
I'm considering the purchase of a 1984-1986 P Baron and would like actual operating and maintenence costs experience owners have had.

Don Lawrenz

• ABS Member
operation costs p baron
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:44:38 AM »
If you buy one that is well maintained the costs should be similar to a normally aspirated Baron. If you buy one that has had spotty or poor regular maintenance the costs can be higher. Not very original, but any poorly maintained complex plane can be very dear in the cost department.

Several people I know are comfortable with total costs of ~3.5 X fuel burn costs. Some much lower, a few higher.

Don Lawrenz

• ABS Member
operation costs p baron
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »
PS: There are several very detailed threads discussing this available on BeechTalk.com

Elliott Solomon

• ABS Member
operation costs p baron
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:41:34 PM »
If you plan to purchase a Baron 58P, my advice would be to do an annual"at a shop of your choice" as a pre purchase inspection.  For about $3,500 at a good shop they will open all of the inspection plates etc and tell you what the problems are. The choice to repair or adjust the price will be for the seller to make. If you then buy the aircraft after you have adjusted for any major issues such as fuel leaks, elevator actuator malfunction, hot plate failure, low compressions and so forth.  This is your best security for a good purchase.