Author Topic: V35TC Best Practices IFR  (Read 1047 times)

Michael Wilson

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
I bought my 1966 V35TC earlier in the year.  New to Bonanza's, and new to ABS.

I was hoping that some of you experienced with the plane can provide a brief overview of power settings, speeds, and configurations as you fly them for different phases of flight.  Climb out, planned descents(shock cooling efforts), precision glide path descents, etc.

One thing that I have had to get used to in the 25 hours or so of flight time is the sensitive pitch characteristics.  Constant rate descents take a lot of focus, and tiny trim manipulations.

Also, if there is any V35TC specific information published in this area, please point me in the right direction.  Love the plane.  It's fast, pretty, and MINE (a dream for 20 years finally realized).  I want to treat her right and learn to dance with her better.

Michael

Tom Pelz

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »
Michael

Suggestions:

1. No single pilot IFR without a functional autopilot.  I am not saying that you should leave it on all the time.  Any time I am doing something, other than flying my Bonanza and I am in IFR conditions, my autopilot is on.  IE, looking at a chart.  

2. Go to the ABS store and get this book:   IFR: A Structured Approach

by John C. Eckalbar

3. Attend a BPPP as soon as possible.  That will answer a lot of your questions AND give you a great introduction into flying your new airplane.

Tom

Mike Bland

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 01:51:40 AM »
there is a book titled "Flying the Beech Bonanza" by John Eckalbar that contains all the information you are looking for, plus a tremendous amount of other information about the Bonanza.

Clifford Gruendler

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »
 X2 on Flying the Beech Bonanza.I was thumbing through the book again the other evening. John Eckalbar also has a dvd called Instrument Flying by the Numbers. Really helped me when I got my IFR ticket in the Bonanza.I purchased both thru the ABS store.

Bill Compton

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 10:16:43 AM »
Michael

My son and I have operated our 66 V35TC for 4500 hours. I have lots of info which I would be happy to pass on to you via email if you contact me at wccompton@aol.com or 907 694 5824.

Bill

Michael Wilson

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »

Quote from: Mike Bland
there is a book titled "Flying the Beech Bonanza" by John Eckalbar that contains all the information you are looking for, plus a tremendous amount of other information about the Bonanza.

Bought the book, and it delivered today.  Started it this PM.  Thumbing through, it looks like a lot of good data.  Thanks for the advice.  

Michael Wilson

• ABS Member
V35TC Best Practices IFR
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »
I'm about 1/2 way throught the book, and see that this is one that I will read again, highlighting, and making an outline.  It is study material; not casual reading, for sure.

It seems to be a little too much at times.

MW