Author Topic: king bendix kdf840  (Read 479 times)

Mark Moses

• ABS Member
king bendix kdf840
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »
anybody got anything to say about the king bendix kdf840 panel please let me know

Tracy Ryan

• ABS Member
king bendix kdf840
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:57 AM »
I have played with a demo unit and we have one ready to go into our S35, but no flight experience with it as of yet. But, from the limited amount I could do with the demo, since their demo unit software is lame, I was still impressed with the quality of the unit and ease of use.

If you don't already know it, Honeywell does not manufacture the unit themselves. It's made by Crossbow, the same company that makes the AHRS and digital air data systems that the 840 and others use.

If you're looking for something with every bell and whistle in it like the Garmin or Aspen, you'll be dissappointed for now. No moving maps, but then again how many moving maps does one need in the cockpit.

It's an excellent choice for those wanting to simply replace the aging 6 pack at a relatively economical cost.

Honeywell will be releasing new software in the future to add more auotpilot and other avionics compatability as well as maps and all the other stuff. But for now, they just needed to get it on the market to stop the bleeding.

Now if they could just do the same thing with the KSN770 to compete with the 430W/530W.

Mark Moses

• ABS Member
king bendix kdf840
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
thanks so much that is a really helpful reply,you are right all i want to do is replace my stack, i have the 530/430 moving display on the other side, and it seems a better option than putting in a slaved compass analog systerm.