Author Topic: Utility Door hold open bars  (Read 972 times)

Tom Owen

• ABS Member
Utility Door hold open bars
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:08:02 AM »
Hello,

I have a Baron that I am trying to locate the part numbers for the utility hold open bars for both doors.

I looked up the part numbers in the manual and ordered them but they were only half of what I was expecting to get.  The manual is very vague on what you are getting and says simply hold open bar.

I would appreciate any help on this!

Tracy Ryan

• ABS Member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:50:18 PM »
You'll need to provide you're aircraft model and serial number.

Bob Ripley

• ABS Technical Advisor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
If the only problem is that they will not hold the door open, they can be fixed by removing them and place the center hinge point on a solid metal surface and use a small center punch in the middle of the center pin to expand it slightly and provide additional tension and take up slack from normal wear.

Tom Owen

• ABS Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 01:21:51 AM »
The Baron is a B58 SN TH-1480.

The aircraft sat outside for a year and both rods have rusted and one of them broke in half all together. I think the best solution here is to just replace them both. (forward and aft doors)

As I said that I did find the part number for the hold open bars in the IPC but I may have read it wrong because both of them came as a singel bar, the ones that have the bend in them.

so ther is where I am at!

I really appreciate the help on this, I will take any recommendations on this!

Ron Davis

• ABS Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
I AM LOOKING FOR SPRING TYPE STRUT THAT HOLDS THE FORWARD CARGO DOOR OPEN. WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR THE SPRING GOES STRIAGT HOLDING THE DOOR OPEN TILL YOU PULL ON SPRING ASSEMBLY. I HAVE ONE ON A 58P S/N TJ56. I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE SAME ON A BARON 58 S/N TH1748. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE BUY THIS SPRING ASSEMBLY AT.

RON DAVIS

rdavis61@tds.net

Tom Turner

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
Hi, Ron:

The Spring Thing is offered by BLR Aerospace.