Author Topic: Wanted: used power tow  (Read 1587 times)

Michael Lehmann

• ABS Member
Wanted: used power tow
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
  Need a powered tow unit to move my C33A Deb in/out of the hanger.  Electric or gas considered. Located in north-western Illinois (KFEP). Thanks for reading my post.

Robert Montgomery

• ABS Member
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:48 AM »
Has anyone responded to your inquiry? I also have a need for a used power tow.

Thanks

John Lucas

• ABS Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
Anyone with one for sale, I would also be interested.

John Lucas

Kevin Johnson

• ABS Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
I have a lightly used tug for sale. It is gas powered and made by Power Tow www.power tow.com

It starts the first time 9 out of ten times--, and was original purchase for a V35B, but later the Bonanza was sold and we ten ordered the bolt on Cessna arms, so now  can be used for Cessna's with wheel pants. Sure beats $1,475.00 plus shipping. Always stored inside.  $975 firm

Kevin Johnson  dandyruckus@bellsouth.net  (615) 504-2485

Tom Pelz

• ABS Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »
Hi Mike.

I bought a used electric golf cart, put a trailer hitch on the front of it and jury rigged a toe bar.  Works great.  Plus, it gives me something to run around the airport in.

Another suggestion.  Keep the airpressure in your tires has high as possible.  I have the 6.5X8 wheels, which are bigger than the usual wheels.  I keep about 45 pound air pressure in them.  The airplane is easily moved when the tire pressure is adequate.

TomTom Pelz2011-04-16 10:27:13

Bob Andrews

• ABS Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 03:52:03 AM »
  Power Tows work well and are very reliable if  always serviced with aviation fuel (100LL) instead of car gas. Old car gas does bad things to carburetors if allowed to sit for extended periods of time.

Don't waste your money on the high horsepower models as the single tire will accept only so much torque. Four horsepower is probably a reasonable upper limit. Change the oil in it every year or so.

Steve Bohlig

• ABS Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 02:50:28 AM »
I do have an older Powertow that has been upgraded with the Nylon Beechcraft Adapators and has a tire chain for winter use. It is a powertow model 60. Carb was cleaned this year. If anyone is interested.

John Wiebener

• ABS Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
Hey Steve - where are you located?  I would be interested if not too far or complicated to get it.