Author Topic: KFC 150  (Read 789 times)

Michael Brooker

• ABS Member
KFC 150
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »
I am having issues with my KFC 150 FCS.  It started out with the altitude control not being able to hold altitiude.  It would climb slowly. The avionics shop eventually got that under control.  However, once re-installed, the unit would not hold a course in the NAV mode.  It will continuously chase the course deviation bar to the left.  Once it gets to within one dot of center the d-bar will begin to drift left again.  It will not do this in heading mode.  The shop is at their wits end as this problem has been going on close to a year now.  They are having a person come up from King to get involved next month.  My question is:  are there replacement computers out there and would it be advisable to pursue getting a re-built unit?  I am not interested in installing an S-Tec unit.  Any information would be appreciated.  Mike.  

Robert Martin

• ABS Member
KFC 150
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »
Michael,

I have the KFC-150. I removed the fight director, HSI, the complete remote gyro compass system and many other items. They were removed from an F33A with 996 TT. I don't need these items since I am going to glass. These items are for sale.

Robert Martin

A&P AI