Author Topic: WTB Engine Baffles  (Read 521 times)

Ronald Roberts

• ABS Member
WTB Engine Baffles
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:33:49 AM »
Looking for a set of serviceable engine baffles for an IO-470J Debonair. The set on the back, typically about 6 pieces. Mine are trash and well beyond repair.

Ronald Roberts

• ABS Member
WTB Engine Baffles
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »
Well, after some extensive searching I am going to answer my own post.  I searched high and low for the various components to refurbish our old baffles and got prices anywhere from $40 to $5000 (from Hawker/Beech no less).  And was told by one engine rebuilder in CA to check with SRS Aviation.  I had used them once before for a elevator reskin and was really pleased with the work and shipping. But I did not know they were also in the business of replacement baffles.  I talked to Dave, SRS Aviation as a source for the older style baffles (IO-470 and E225). I sent him some photos of the removed baffles and he set me up with replacements. I will know more this weekend after install if it is as great as it sounds. SRS baffles are PMA approved and are .050. thick.  So no 337! All in all a better choice than trying to scab something together.