Author Topic: G-600 install in 58P  (Read 7241 times)

Tom Briggs

• ABS Member
G-600 install in 58P
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
I had forgotten that when I first had the installation, there were discrepancies in the heading. I got the installing company, in another town, send me the installation programming card, and I went out and swang the compass. I didn't just do it once. It turns out that if you get one right on with the indications on your compass correction card, the other directions are off. I kept doing it until I had every primary direction within 2 degrees of the proper indication.

Then I took the aircraft up for a flight, and double checked everything by flying rectangles, and checking that the wind indicator consistently showed the wind from exactly the same direction and speed. Once I got this straight, I sent them back their card, and the plane has been exactly correct every flight since.

Elliott Solomon

• ABS Member
Re: G-600 install in 58P
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
JUST A FEW WORDS TO SAY THE G600 IN MY P BARON IS FANTASTIC! THE NAV SOURCE IS A GTN750 WHICH HAS ALL THE INFORMATION ANY PILOT COULD WANT INCLUDING THE MOVING MAP WITH NEXRAD, METARS, AND ALL OF THE "GOODIES".  THE PRESENTATION ON THE G600 WITH SYNTHETIC VISION IS THE BEST.

Elliott Solomon

• ABS Member
Re: G-600 install in 58P
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
This is an excellent article on the G-600 install as well as the JPI EDM960.  I have the EDM in my P Baron and I have had the RAD flash or go off.  I will reset the circuit breaker if it happens again and see if that restores normal function.  You have a very nice panel. Enjoy!