Author Topic: Annual Costs  (Read 1561 times)

Lance Boxer

• ABS Member
Annual Costs
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »
My G36 is going through it's first annual. WHat can I expect to pay for the basic inspection?

Don Lawton

• ABS Member
Annual Costs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »
Lance,

The annual is just the basic inspection and most reputable shops have a flat rate (in hours) for the various airplanes they service.

It sounds like yours is already in the shop, so ask them what their shop rate ($/hr.) is and how many hours they charge for your annual. Shop rate times number of hours equals the cost of the inspection.

Fixing items found during the annual inspection is extra, and not part of the "annual." It's called maintenance.

I understand the G36 may have "extra" items that the factory recommends - or "requires" - and your shop may or may not push those. I've heard of batteries for the glass panel and such. Those are extra as well.

Cha Ching!

Tom Pelz

• ABS Member
Annual Costs
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:34:36 PM »
Lance,

As Don said, the annual is an inspection.   It is my understanding that the Bonanza usually takes between 20 and 30 hours.  

Some shops insist that all items "recommended by the manufacturer be replaced, overhauled, etc.   If you are flying your airplane on part 91 (IE, not for hire) then you are not required to have anything done.  

In my more than 25 years of ownership of a 1959 K35 (which is usually flown about 100 - 150 hours a year) my annuals rarely involve anything other than the inspection.   

You will be pleased to know that the Beech is a well built airplane and rarely breaks.  

Look at the old issues of the ABS magazine for articles written by Mike Busch.   He will explain what I have said in much more detail.

Tom

Lance Boxer

• ABS Member
Annual Costs
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
Thanks evertone, my shops tells me it's a 43 hour inspection and another 4 for G checks. I like these guys a lot, very thorough, just seemed high. I've flown her 210 hours in 10 months and she's been squawk free for the most part, a great bird!

Steve Zeller

• ABS Member
Annual Costs
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »
30 to 40 hours according to "Colvin's Clinic". Your airplane is new and you fly her a lot, so that I would be very surprised if they find anything major.