Author Topic: Weight and Balance spreadsheet  (Read 3617 times)

Tom Turner

• Administrator
Weight and Balance spreadsheet
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:08 AM »
Does anyone have a weight and balance spreadsheet that is customizable by airplane model and modifications (i.e., tip tanks)?  

If you have one and are willing to let others use it, please either send me the spreadsheet to post online, or let me know how you'd like other members to contact you to get a copy.

If you have one that is a commercial product, please send me information to publish about sales.  We'll publish your information one time in the General Aviation News section of  ABS Magazine.

Thank you.

John McGuire

• ABS Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »
Tom,  I have an excel spreadsheet that I did for my F33.  This took a little time to enter all the formulas for each weight at all the positions but I even have the seat positions different for "forward" or "back.". I also have the conversion formulas down below for "gallons" to "pounds.". I recall getting all the moment arms from the POH and I just copied the POH worksheet.

I keep this on my computer at home and used to have it on my netbook.  Now that I am using an iPad I'll have to figure out to convert excel to apple!

Should I try to email this example to you?   John McGuire

John Morris

• ABS Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »
If you purchase the ipad app named "Numbers" you will be able to email yourself your excel file and run it on the ipad quite well.  I did this with my W&B spreadsheet and am very satisfied.   

John McGuire

• ABS Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
John,  Thanks for the advice.  I already went on line and discovered that I need "numbers."  Now if I can figure out how to print on my old HP printer from the ipad!  Best Buy tells me I have to purchase a new upgraded printer.  I know I can email myself documents from the ipad to my windows laptop and print from there.  Does anyone know of a direct way?  Thanks, John

J. Russell Armstrong

• ABS Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
I have an A36 spreadsheet w/ tips I can send you.  What email address?

Russell

Don Lawton

• ABS Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:48:19 AM »

Quote from: John McGuire
Now if I can figure out how to print on my old HP printer from the ipad!

John, try this.

Dave McGee

• ABS Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »
I use an excel spread sheet which can be infinitely customized ... in fact, I have changed it as I upgraded to the IO-550 and then again when I added Osborne tip tanks.  The excel sheet has formulas" built in, so all you do is chage the weights and it does the rest of the math automatically.  I have it loaded on my iPad together with a copy of weight & balance graph.  It has worked very well for me and I only wish I could figure out a way to create the same thing for T/O & Landing as I find the tiny graphs VERY difficult to use.

If you send me an email address, or better yet, tell me how to attach a file to this post, I will send it to you or post it here.

Paul Hutchinson

• ABS Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »

Quote from: Tom Turner
Does anyone have a weight and balance spreadsheet that is customizable by airplane model and modifications (i.e., tip tanks)?  

Tom, you did not say on what platform you want to run the W&B program. For the ipad, I use the BE36 weight and balance program written by Alicia Sikes from takewingcomputing. There are many programs for various makes, models and configs of aircraft. The programs are available from the App Store under the Utilities category. I counted 9 programs for Beechcraft, one for Osborne tip tanks.

Peter Burrous

• ABS Member
Re: Weight and Balance spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:33:40 AM »
There is an excellent W&B app for the iPad and the iPhone via the Apple App Store.   It is called "Aviation W&B".   You can use an existing template by aircraft type or you can build your own.  I build my own for my '84 A36 and it works very well and is easy to use.  You can also e-mail the summary W&B to yourselft at any time.

Greg Stratz

• ABS Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
Pilot Wizz is a free APP.

Ron Hensley

• ABS Member
  • N35 - KIDA
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »
John,  Thanks for the advice.  I already went on line and discovered that I need "numbers."  Now if I can figure out how to print on my old HP printer from the ipad!  Best Buy tells me I have to purchase a new upgraded printer.  I know I can email myself documents from the ipad to my windows laptop and print from there.  Does anyone know of a direct way?  Thanks, John

John,

There is a really nice app on the Apple store called "Fingerprint" that you install on a Windows PC that will then allow you to use your home wireless network to print from the IPAD to any type of known printer on your home PC/Network.  You don't need to buy a new PC!

Regards,
Ron

John McMurray

• ABS Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »
WnB Pro for the iPad by Angell Development.  Costs a few bucks but great program.  Has nifty slide bars to input weights and the numbers all turn red as soon as the weight or CG goes out of limits.