Author Topic: Stall warning indicator  (Read 590 times)

Steve High

• ABS Member
Stall warning indicator
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
I need a replacement stall warning indicator for a A 36 2007 Bonanza. The one in my plane broke.

Any suggestions on where to get one other than Beech?

thanks.

Steve High

Mike Bland

• ABS Member
Stall warning indicator
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
This item is made by a company called Safe-Flight in White Plains, NY.  I don't know where to buy a new one other than HBC.  I know it will be quite expensive.  I would check the salvage yards.

J. Douglas Badell

• ABS Member
Stall warning indicator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
DID YOU FIND A SAFE FLIGHT UNIT?

Bob Andrews

• ABS Member
Stall warning indicator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
Mike, In the event you did not find a stall warning switch yours can be overhauled by Safeflight at 914 946-9500 or API (800 950 0111) may still have some in stock.

Are you reasonably sure the problem is actually in the switch? Switches are so expensive that it pays to diagnose first. With power on the aircraft have someone hold the switch up while you gently tap on the horn with the handle of a wooden screwdriver. If it comes alive let it blow for a minute or so. Stall warning horns don't get much activity except at annual (I hope). If you are not successful take a voltage reading at the horn, check for a proper ground and repair as necessary. If you do get the horn working and the sound is not proper it can be "tuned" in place.