Author Topic: Looking for best iPad yoke mount and 696 yoke mount: 1984 A36  (Read 1522 times)

Peter Burrous

• ABS Member
Looking for best iPad yoke mount and 696 yoke mount:  1984 A36

Dana Perez

• ABS Member
    • Aviate ESP
Re: Looking for best iPad yoke mount and 696 yoke mount: 1984 A36
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »
Peter do you need to mount BOTH at the same time?  I have an iPad and a 696 as well.  I have a 1980 A36 with the center column, (what is the 1984 column?)  I have a Ram mount on the center with a 696 cradle, then I mount the iPad on the copilot window with a Ram suction cup mount and iPad cradle. I can switch the cradles out if I choose to put the iPad in the center.   

Richard Druschel

• ABS Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
I use a Cygnet "desk" in my F33A with my iPad. Well made and does a great job. I put three velcro disks on the back of the iPad and the other three halves on the desk. The iPad goes under the desk spring clip and the velcro holds everything in place. Easy to see and read. No problem in turbulence, either. Dick

William Bowes

• ABS Member
iPAD Mini yoke mount
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
Based on all the excellent reports I purchased an iPad mini and then found a RAM mount for Bonanzas listed on Sportys.  The "adjustable RAM Beechcraft yoke mount" just arrived, but is doesn't seem to be the right one.  I called RAM and found out that their iPad mini mount (RAM-HOL-TAB12) will not be available until February.  The mount Sportys sent me is the standard RAM tablet mount which I believe is far too tight a fit and could damage the iPad.  In addition this standard mount does not allow access to the iPad on/off switch.

Has anyone found a good iPad mini mount for a dual yoke Bonanza that is available now?

Bill

Stuart Spindel

• ABS Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
I have the Angerole mount that attaches in the oval access hole in the back of the control arm. It held my Garmin 296, but I removed the 296 and attached an aluminum plate to the Angerole mount. Added Velcro to the plate, bought a plastic protector for the iPad Mini and the other part of the Velcro to the plastic back. Plastic back from Best Buy.
Pictures and short article will probably by in the March issue of the ABS magazine.
Ron Mathis of Angerole writes that their mount for the iPad Mini will be ready next month.
Mine works well and I can change it from portrait to landscape.