Author Topic: Kelly Aerospace  (Read 1356 times)

Kyle Gatling

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
Has anyone had problems with Alternators made by Kelly?

60 hours since we installed have new regulator alternator and clutch and intermintent problems while flying off and on. Not the regulator because i don't cycle alternator switch to reset regulator. Just woundering what others think about Kelly parts. We are sending it back for warranty.

Thanks

Kyle

Who else supplies alternators for the

IO 550B

70 amp

Chip Mirman

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:24 AM »
Kyle:

Suggest you call Aircraft Systems @(815) 399-0225.

They are located at 5187 Falcon Road, Rockford, IL 61109.

They are very good guys and should be able to help.

Chip Mirman

V35B

N562EL

Kyle Gatling

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
Chip,

I was able to talk to Neil and he was very helpful and I think we

narrowed it down to the alternator.  It was under warranty and they are sending me another.  Will install when we get it and hope it solves the problem.

Thanks

Kyle

Scott Newpower

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
Never heard anybody say anything but bad things about Kelly.  Perhaps you'll be the first with good news.

Arlen Stauffer

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 04:45:13 AM »
Quote from: Scott Newpower
Never heard anybody say anything but bad things about Kelly.  Perhaps you'll be the first with good news.

Scott, that's interesting.  They are running up my engine now and checking all of the harmonics since I had my second Kelly alternator break in 30 hours of flight time, i.e., 2 out-of-the-box from Kelly both broke within a few hours....  The 2 broken ones have been sent back to Kelly, and I am waiting to hear their analysis of the breaks.

Rodney French

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 07:30:57 AM »
As I recently upgraded from a baby Beech to a Bonanza, I also belong to the Beech Aero club.  The word there is do not, under any circumstances, buy from Kelly Aerospace.  Many sad, sad stories of poor quality followed by poor support.

Rodney

Michael Scaduto

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
Another vote for Aircraft Systems. Call these guys - you will be very glad you did.

Dan Holsapple

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 06:32:25 AM »
I have used modified aircraft acc. in Kentucky 502-957-6312. Jim has always taken care of me with no hassle, no return problems. Also very reasonable price. Tell him Dan said to call, no I don't get a kick-back.               Dan

Dan Holsapple

• ABS Member
Kelly Aerospace
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:53:44 AM »

Quote from: Dan Holsapple
I have used modified aircraft acc. in kentucky 502-957-6312 Jim has always taken care of me with no hassel no return problems. also very reasonable price. tell him Dan said call, no i don,t get a kick back.               dan