Author Topic: Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program update  (Read 1613 times)

Thomas Turner

• Administrator
Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program update
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
The ABS Air Safety Foundation, which is sole owner of BPPP, is restoring the original corporate structure with BPPP as a committee within the ASF. We are doing this to significantly reduce operating expenses while reaching a far greater number of Beech pilots with The Best in Beechcraft Pilot Training™.

The current operating structure has proven to be prohibitively costly. To control costs while we develop an operating budget to ensure we remain fiscally responsible to our members, the ABS Board of Directors has decided to suspend remote clinic operations after the Manchester, NH clinic Sept. 7-9 through the end of 2012. We are evaluating the economics of the Manchester clinic and will decide next week whether it will be held. ABS’ goal is to resume live clinic operations in the first quarter of 2013.

We'll contact members who have already scheduled for an autumn clinic and give a full refund. We encourage these and other ABS members to enroll in BPPP Online+Flight. I have already contacted the aviation insurance underwriters, all of which recognize the Online+Flight program with the same credit they apply to live BPPP events.

All current BPPP instructors have been invited and encouraged to continue teaching in the program.

The popular BPPP Online+Flight program, which includes an expanded version of the live ground school with exactly the same flight experience with a BPPP-standardized instructor near the pilot’s home, remains available without interruption.

It’s all about protecting lives and preserving the Beechcraft fleet by getting many more pilots in the airplane with a BPPP CFI in the right seat.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thomas P. Turner
Executive Director
ABS Air Safety Foundation

For more information about BPPP Online+Flight see:
http://bonanza.org/2012-05-16-12-47-21/onlineflight

To take a BPPP Online training module for free see:
http://bonanza.org/forums/index.php?topic=100046.0

Charles Mirman

• ABS Member
Re: Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
I have attended 17 of the "remote" courses going back to the days of Sam James when it was called "ABS pilot proficiency training" and owned several  airplanes, two PA-28-180s, a 182 RG, a Bellanca 300 Viking, a T-210, a 61' Debonair and two V-35Bs, so I feel qualified to make the following comments.
While the online+flight version is fine for those not able to attend the "remote" courses, in my humble opinion eliminating the "remote" courses is an ill advised, ill considered and short sighted decision, one I hope is quickly reversed.
The cadre of administrators and instructors BPPP has built over the years coupled with the BPPP cirriculum is the gold standard by which general aviation type training is judged by the aviation industry and insurance carriers, and no small plus is the ability to plan ones attendance well ahead of time at a known location.
Chip Mirman
N562EL

Michael Mercer

• ABS Member
Re: Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program update
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
I've been attending BPPP remote courses for close to a decade. BPPP has long been the model withing the community with an excellent program presented by a superb staff. But now I find out all the BPPP staff has been fired just a little over two weeks before my next BPPP event in Manchester. This is not the way to conduct business or treat the members and staff with respect. It might not matter if you decide to hold the Manchester event. If the regular staff is not present you can count me out. And then I'll be looking hard to see if I will continue my ABS membership.